Faux Fur Vests

I have been finished this project for a while now but haven't had a chance to blog about it! My kids have been off school for a week for Thanksgiving.

Ok I took a vest pattern I had lying around and tissue fitted it on my mannequin. I also changed the design from a princess seam to one flat panel.

I made a muslin and tweaked some alterations. Turns out I need a sway back adjustment and that took care of the horizontal wrinkles I was having.

I lined my faux fur with some satin fabric and sewed it all the way around leaving two areas open for turning. I pressed it carefully low setting, no steam  with a pressing cloth and hand stitched the openings shut.

I also made one for my daughter Abby so we can be twinky twins.